Defying depression with God

Defying depression with God



Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Free of Fear

The black cloud of depression has lifted, yet I do not feel free. I live in constant worry that the darkness will return. I fear going back down to the bottom of the pit.

The LORD says; "All those who listen to Me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm."
Pr 1:33

Listen to Him.

David says; "I prayed to the LORD and He answered me. He freed me from all my fears."
Ps 34:4

Pray to Him.

So many times in God's word He commands us "do not fear, do not be afraid".

Obey Him.

God promises; "[I] go beore you and will be with you; [I] will never leave you or forsake you. "
Deut 31:8

Trust Him.

Our God is faithful.

"So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea."
Ps 46:2

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your blog. My sweet wife has struggled with depression for the last six months. So many times we have cried out to the Lord to deliver her from this dark pit. I'm posting b/c it is so hard for her. Your post reminds us that the Lord is faithful and he will heal her.

    Steve & Laura

    ReplyDelete