Defying depression with God

Defying depression with God



Monday, October 25, 2010

Prescription for Healing

Heal - to mend, cure, make whole; return to original state of health

I pray for healing...I beg for healing, yet it does not come.
I am prescribed medication...I take medication, and my health improves.

My health improves but I do not feel that I am healed.

God, I believe that You are a supernatural God who can perform instantaneous miracles of healing, if you choose. I wonder why you have not chosen to heal me, to set me free.

Could it be that God might use prescription medication to heal?

There is an example in the Bible of Jesus giving a prescription for healing:

"As He went along, He saw a man blind from birth. ... (Jesus) spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man's eyes. "Go", He told him, "wash in the Pool of Siloam". So the man went and washed, and came home seeing." John 9:1-7

God can use any means that He sees fit to heal. The healing process will not look the same for everyone. We should prayerfully consider treatment options, and it may be that God's will is to use medication to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment