Defying depression with God

Defying depression with God



Monday, July 26, 2010

Asking for Help

When we are depressed many will ask what they can do for us. They want to help. They feel helpless and frustrated when we can't tell them how to help. Honestly, we can't imagine how they could possibly help. When we can't find the words to ask for help we can pray God's Word and trust in His promise.

Our prayer:
Psalm 90:13-15
Relent, O LORD! How long will it be? Have compassion on your servants. Satisfy us in the morning with Your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. make us glad for as many days as You have afflicted us, for as many years as we have seen trouble.

God's promise:
Psalm 91:14-16
"Because [she] loves me, says the LORD," I will rescue [her]; I will protect [her], for [she] acknowledges my name. [She] will call upon me, and I will answer [her]; I will be with [her] in trouble, I will deliver [her] and honor [her]. With long life I will satisfy [her] and show [her] my salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment