Defying depression with God

Defying depression with God



Friday, July 30, 2010

Where is God?

We don't always feel God's presence. As a matter of fact, I have never felt the presence of evil more than in the darkest hours of depression.

We cry out:
"O God, You are my God, earnestly I seek You; My soul thirsts for You, my body longs for You, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
-Psalm 63:1

The Lord says:
"I will never leave you nor forsake you."

-Josua 1:5

God's word promises:
"if we are faithless, He will remain faithful."
-2 Tim 2:13

"the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one."
-2 Thess 3:3

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
Psalm 34:18

We search and can't find. We sense a longing unfulfilled. We question the promise of God.

God is good and faithful. God is ever-present. Our feelings are deceiving. In our illness, our reality is skewed. Hang on to what you know is true. Hang on to the Father for He is hanging on to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment