Defying depression with God

Defying depression with God



Tuesday, August 3, 2010

In Hiding

If you're like me, when you are in despair and your soul is downcast, you want to run and hide.

I will hide myself in my bed, down under the covers. I will hide away from the world, but not from my pain. The hopelessness follows me under the covers. It keeps me company like an old familiar friend. Only, this negative mentality is not my friend. It keeps me from stepping into the light. It keeps me hiding out, crying in the fetal position.

But there is a better place we can run and hide. We can run to the LORD and hide ourselves in Him. He will hide us in the shadow of His wings if we will chose to run to Him instead of our covers.

Psalm 143:9 Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD, for I hide myself in You.

Psalm 27:5 For in the day of trouble He will keep me safe in His dwelling; He will hide me in the shelter of His tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.

As we hide ourselves in Him, He sets us high upon a rock. Out in the open. Rescued from our enemies. Safe. Sheltered.

The next time you are tempted to run to your bed and curl up under the covers, run to God instead. Hide yourself in His loving embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment